Sign In

  • My Matrix: Clips and Tips You May Not Have Seen This Week
  • Sumptuous Recipes, Style Tips, Environmental Updates, and more....

    Do You Wear Sexy Large Cup Lingerie?
    Be Awesome: Take My NEW Survey!
    LINGERIE POLL FOR WOMEN D CUP OR MORE
    You can also link directly to the current results without voting:
    Results: Lingerie Poll For Women D Cup or More

    Become an RSS Subscriber:
    XML Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My AOL Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader R|Mail


    Wednesday, April 05, 2006
    Expanding a business idea. I'm working on developing a line of lingerie now. Initially I began this foray into the world of small business ownership with a line of organic skin care products I had developed. Well the cost of production was substantial and I couldn't get the funding I needed to complete the launch, so I decided to just regroup. If I wanted to expand on my idea, it was clear I would have to make more money. I left my job as an Office Administrator for a entertainment locations firm in Los Angeles, packed up and returned to NYC. Moved in with my fam, shortly started working in Finance Administration as a Biller for a Health Care Organization in New York. It was a long term temp assignment initally, but after a month of so, they offered me a permanent position. A few months later, that offer fell through -- due to budgetary problems. All in all, I didn't want the job anyway. It literally sucked me dry -- I didn't have energy to work on anything after hours, including my graduate studies. I was so relieved to be out of that job, and now I feel like I have a new lease. I'm trying to make my degree work for me by getting into teaching, which will free up plenty of time for me to indulge in my other pursuits during the year. I think expanding the beauty line into a fashion line aimed at a more specific demographic will increase my chances of getting funding. I think of it as a little Fredericks with a pinch of Carol's Daughter, Demeter and Tocca thrown in. I actually have a possible investor who is interested in seeing my business plan at the moment.

    0 Comments:





    Powered by

    Powered by Blogger



    Creative Commons License