Sign In

  • My Matrix: Clips and Tips You May Not Have Seen This Week
  • Sumptuous Recipes, Style Tips, Environmental Updates, and more....

    Do You Wear Sexy Large Cup Lingerie?
    Be Awesome: Take My NEW Survey!
    LINGERIE POLL FOR WOMEN D CUP OR MORE
    You can also link directly to the current results without voting:
    Results: Lingerie Poll For Women D Cup or More

    Become an RSS Subscriber:
    XML Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My AOL Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader R|Mail


    Monday, April 17, 2006
    Where Does a Girl Find a Decent Date These Days?

    Well, if you discount the standard flirters, winkers and even the winos (who oddly enough are always brave enough to to actually approach me--lol) I've managed to connect with about 4 different guys in the last week without much difficulty, and yet things still seeem to be a little stale dating wise.

    --Now the first guy, I met on the train. Apparently he's seen me ride before because he mentioned it when he approached me. Although I thought it was nice he remembered me, I really felt as if he wasn't exactly my type, but I talked with him anyway. I guess I was trying to be open minded, but the spark just wasn't there. He seemed pleasant, and I'm sure other women might find him attractive but I wasn't attracted. And after after a few minutes I knew I wouldn't go out with him. I didn't want to seem mean--that's not my style, so I took his number anyway and asked him if was ok to call sometime.
    --I met (or should I say re-met) another gentlemen who is away in another country on business. I think I may have first encountered him in L.A., but couldn't remember when or how--so we'll see what happens there. He seems decent, successful, ambitious. I have a feeling he would ask me out, if he were around. I think I might like it if he did actually. --lol--The guy I might actually like to ask me out, is in Peru. Can we define irony?
    --The third guy HAS asked me out, and I have chatted with him for a while--but only because he's persistent. In the usual case I guess, persistence would be a turn on. Yet, again, here's another situation where I don't feel that spark. I don't have the heart to tell him I'm not really interested. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's more after what's under my dress, rather than what's between my ears.
    --The fourth guy? I'm still not sure about what his angle is. One would assume by the way he's talking to me that he is interested in hooking up, but he hasn't asked for a phone number. We've chatted online--He answered my ad. He seems REALLY sweet. But maybe a little too sweet. I guess I'm a bit intimidated honestly, because I've barely chatted with him for more than a few days and he's calling me 'baby'. I'm sure the 'baby' thing is just a reflex--but it just doesn't rub me in the best of ways. I don't know. I guess I'm a little skeptical of any guy I meet now, especially off the net. I met my Ex that way, he came on strong too, we hooked up and after that things got screwy.

    Well, you know what they say, "live and learn". Just trying not to make the same mistakes. I never really been a fan of dating, maybe that has something to do with how I'm feeling. It's kind of a necessary evil I guess. I imagine that someday I will meet someone that I'll spark with, I just wish I didn't have to go through hook up hell to have it happen. I also hope when I do meet him, he will be brave enough to ask me out, but these days you never know with guys. They're not too big on that courtship thing. Sure, I'm a modern girl, but I do have somewhat traditional views about dating. I prefer the man to ask me. I feel as if it's a sign of respect.

    Respect goes a long way in my book.

    0 Comments:





    Powered by

    Powered by Blogger



    Creative Commons License