Sign In

  • My Matrix: Clips and Tips You May Not Have Seen This Week
  • Sumptuous Recipes, Style Tips, Environmental Updates, and more....

    Do You Wear Sexy Large Cup Lingerie?
    Be Awesome: Take My NEW Survey!
    LINGERIE POLL FOR WOMEN D CUP OR MORE
    You can also link directly to the current results without voting:
    Results: Lingerie Poll For Women D Cup or More

    Become an RSS Subscriber:
    XML Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My AOL Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader R|Mail


    Tuesday, April 04, 2006
    Working on the first chapter of my new book, and a little excited about it. It's a Chic Lit number.
    Didn't initally start with an outline. Ernest Hemingway once said " My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way." Well, I sort of come from that school of thought. The simplest way for me is to hit the ground and run, like Hemingway, with no real plot in mind. I prefer to just tell the story--advancing and painting in the foggy areas as I go.
    Part of the appeal in writing for me is the mystery. It's no fun if I know whats going to happen ahead of time, and I find that it's the not knowing that makes the writing fun. I like being excited when a new idea for a scene or character just pops into my consiousness as I'm flowing. I find the structure of an outline is somewhat limiting and unimaginative. I usually end up changing it as I change the story anyway. That clearly defeats the purpose of the outline in the first place. I just kind've like to get the words out on the page and edit from there.

    0 Comments:





    Powered by

    Powered by Blogger



    Creative Commons License