By Jeanette Jenkins
Do you want to get a tight tush like J.Lo or a bootylicious back side like Beyonce? Let it be known that these women have great assets because they work for them. Even Latifah loves her new booty that she developed from doing booty specific exercises. I have watched many women transform their back sides by doing booty specific exercises and following a healthy meal plan. If you want to create a Bikini Bottom like Cameron Diaz then do these exercises 3 times a week!
These are the most effective exercises that I always include in a workout designed to tighten your tush:
Standing Exercises 1-2 sets, 15-25 reps
1) Single Leg Squats - bodyweight: Start standing with feet hip distance apart. Lift your left foot 1inch off of the floor and put all of your bodyweight onto your right leg. Send your hips back as if you were going to sit into a chair. Make sure your right knee does not push over your right toe. Drive through your right heel, carrying all of your weight on your right leg and squeeze your right tush at the top. Repeat for 15-25 reps and then do the other leg.
2) Reverse Lunges - 3lb-8lb dumbbells: Start standing wit feet hip distance apart. Step back 3-4 feet with your right leg and land on the ball of your right foot. Lower your right knee towards the floor until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Drive through your left heel, carrying all of your weight on your left leg and return your standing position squeezing your left tush. Repeat 15-25 reps and then do the other leg.
3) Squats - 5lb-10lb dumbbells: Place dumbbells on your shoulders and start standing with feet shoulder width apart. Send your hips back as if you are going to sit in a chair. Go as low as you can without pushing your knees over your toes. Push back up to a standing position by driving through your heels and your hips and then squeeze your booty when you get to the top. Repeat for 15-25 reps.
4) Side Kicks, Round House Kicks and Back Kicks - Do 15-25 reps of each kick. If you are a beginner then I recommend that you ask a kickboxing instructor to teach you how to safely execute these kicks with good form and technique.
Floor Exercises 1-2 sets, 15-25 reps
1) Back Kicks on all fours - Start on a mat on your hands and knees. Pull your abdominals in tight to support your back then push your right leg towards the ceiling, creating a 45 degree angle. Squeeze your buttocks when your leg is fully extended and then return your knee to directly under your hip. Repeat this movement for 15-25 reps and then switch to the other leg.
2) Fire Hydrant on all fours- Start on a mat on your hands and knees. Pull your abdominals in tight to support your lower back and lift your right knee out to the side like a dog lifting there leg to go to the bathroom. Squeeze the outside of your buttocks and then lower your leg. Repeat this movement 15-25 reps and then switch to the other leg.
3) Shoulder bridge butt squeezes - Start on your back with arms facing down on the ground, knees bent and feet placed about one foot in front of your knees. Drive your hips into the air by pushing through your heels and squeeze your buttocks. Lower your hips about two inches and then press back up squeezing your buttocks. Repeat this motion for 15-25 reps
4) Single leg shoulder bridge butt squeezes - Use the same form as the regular shoulder bridge above except on slight change. Lift your left foot 2 inches off of the ground and balance all of your weight on the right leg, squeezing the right buttocks each time you lift the hips. Repeat for 15-25 reps then change legs.
Cardio Exercises 20-45 minutes
1) Hiking or Treadmill Walking on an Incline of 5.0-10.0
2) Climbing Stairs or Stair climber Machine
3) Ice Skating, Rollerblading or Skating Machine
4) Jogging or 5 sets of 30-90 second Sprint Intervals with 2-3 minutes of recovery
I have designed a twenty minute Butt and Thigh Blast Workout DVD specifically designed to tighten your tush and it has been hailed by many as their favorite workout. To check out "The Hollywood Trainer Butt and Thigh Blast Workout" that includes all of the standing and floor exercises listed above go to www.thehollywoodtrainer.com .About the Author:
Jeanette Jenkins, founder and president of The Hollywood Trainer(tm), is a Nike Elite Athlete and the official spokesperson for BET Foundation's "A Healthy BET." Her expertise as a fitness and nutritional consultant has been featured on Oprah.com, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Extra, Access Hollywood, MSNBC.com, EDiets.com, ivillage.com, The Tyra Banks Show, the Food Network, VH1, and on the BET network. Her work has been profiled in People, O Magazine, InStyle, Fitness, Shape, Self, Redbook, Glamour, CosmoStyle, and Essence, among other magazines. She writes regular columns for the Los Angeles Daily News, Urban Influence Magazine, Precious Times and MSNBC.com just to name a few. She has worked with many celebrities including Queen Latifah, actress Taryn Manning, swimsuit model Amy Weber, and several NFL and NBA athletes. Jenkins studied human kinetics at the University of Ottawa, Canada, and holds more than seventeen international certifications covering nutrition and various fitness training methods. http://www.thehollywoodtrianer.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeanette_Jenkins