Sign In

  • My Matrix: Clips and Tips You May Not Have Seen This Week
  • Sumptuous Recipes, Style Tips, Environmental Updates, and more....

    Do You Wear Sexy Large Cup Lingerie?
    Be Awesome: Take My NEW Survey!
    LINGERIE POLL FOR WOMEN D CUP OR MORE
    You can also link directly to the current results without voting:
    Results: Lingerie Poll For Women D Cup or More

    Become an RSS Subscriber:
    XML Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My AOL Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader R|Mail


    Friday, June 19, 2009
    You're plus size, but that does not mean you can't have beautiful skin!


    The angels smiled when God created the company that created Cetaphil. Can I just say I swear by this stuff? I have severely dry skin, but not many people are aware of that fact and that's because I'm a stickler for moisturizing! Now, I wasn't always that way! However, after a few weeks of religiously following a strict moisturizing routine (twice a day), I really saw a huge difference in my skin. Dry skin and hair needs lots of moisture year round. Here's what I do to keep my skin looking and feeling satiny smooth:









    1. Use a moisturizing soap - preferably a cream rather than a gel. I like Johnson's Softwash Melt Away Stress 24 Hour Moisturizing Wash (smells heavenly too) or St. Ives Mineral Therapy Wash. For my face, I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser.



    2. Exfoliate - You can by a fancy pre-made store scrub, but it's not really necessary to spend a ton of money on this. Sometimes I make my own scrub from Sea Salt and Almond Oil. You can find those ingredients in your local supermarket and it's really easy to make. Get a small jar, add two parts sea salt to one part oil, and you're done. Really rub the scrub in to slough off the dead skin, but be careful not to rub too hard or you'll do more damage than good. If sea salt is not your thing, use sugar or try exfoliation gloves. You can find them at Duane Reade for under $4 bucks.

    3. Oil - I apply baby oil or mineral oil to my skin when damp to trap the moisture in. I Really love the oil gels that Johnson's make because they last longer, but you can use regular baby oil as well. Hey, if it's good enough for the baby, it's good enough for you too!

    4. Steam - this is the secret ingredient. Turn up the dial on the hot water and stand in the stall for a steam treat. I do it for about 5 minutes after I've applied my oil. It adds moisture to the skin.

    5. Rinse and Pat (Not Rub) dry - Rinse off using cool to lukewarm water and PAT dry using a fluffy towel.

    6. Cream - As soon as your out of the shower, massage Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream all over and you're done. Don't forget to spray on some sunblock if you're heading out!

    Labels: , , ,


    0 Comments:





    Powered by

    Powered by Blogger



    Creative Commons License